Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 1 - By Vicki

We decided to spend our 1st night at our home marina in Hernando Beach.  For me, it was the 1st time sleeping on the boat.  We finally had all of our last minute things packed into the car (mostly my stuff).  There was some negotiation regarding what would be brought on the boat due to our limited space.  I'm a girly girl and like to have many choices of clothing, makeup, accessories and shoes. 

When we arrived at the boat around 9pm I noticed that the boat had a very bad lean to one side.  I learned that is called Listing.  The problem was that most of the storage is on the left side and we brought 15 cases of water with us.  We moved that water to the middle underside of the boat, and it was much better. 

As I mentioned earlier, we also packed up the cat.  The cat panicked during the car ride to the marina.  The entire twenty minute ride she howled and screamed.  I thought we might have to take her back and have friends check on her, but she handled being on the boat pretty well.  Aaron showed her a good hiding spot under the galley table and she hid there for a few hours.  Eventually she came out and started looking around.  By the end of the night, she was exploring the cabin. 

We started organizing our stuff and Aaron was right, I brought too much stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. A girl can never bring too much stuff can she? Na I don't think so:)

    ReplyDelete