Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 7 - by Aaron


Woke up in the morning, uncomfortable as hell.  No air, no nothing.  I took a shower and got ready.  Started the boat, and all of the sudden the left engine was overheating.  Turned the engines off.  Went and found a mechanic, a nice guy named Wayne Brown from Brown’s Marine and he didn’t even make me wait.  He let me eat my breakfast and immediately went to look at the boat with me.  Found out that one of the belts was busted.  He had the overheating problem fixed within an hour and we were on our way.  Went about thirty minutes without any problems, but once we hit open water the alarms started to go off again.  All the gauges, everything, looked good.  Took it back to the same marina and another guy looked at it.  He found that a bunch of wires were loose.  He tightened them up, but the alarms went off again.  Eventually he told me that he though it was just a bad sensor for the alarm and I should just disconnect it and get on my way. 

On the way the fumes, whatever they may be, are pretty strong.  I’m pretty sure it’s a gasket to calm the oil down.  I guess we had a small bit of luck we made it to Clearwater beach and are finally able to relax.   

This is What The Alarms Sound Like!

 
 


This is the part I think is causing the fumes and needs fixed.
 

1 comment:

  1. AS I LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF THE MOTOR I CAN SEE MORE OF WHAT NEEDS FIXED ITS ALL JUST SMALL NEEDS LITTLE TLC .. THATS THE PCV VALUE INTO THE VALE COVER .. AND I SEE ONE SPARK PLUG WIRES GOT BLAKE TAPE O IT ITS ALL TUNE-UP STUFF ON THE MOTOR LOOKS LIKE HOSES NEED REPLACED AND COUROSION ON SOME THE THINGS LIKE THAT AS ON A BATTREY POST .. THEY USE BAKEING SODA TO CLEAN THAT OFF .. CONECTIONS AND WIRES AND JUST THINGS LIKE THAT CONTACT POINTS NEED CHECKED ETC.. IF YOU WERE IN RANGE OF THE GUYS IN THIS FAMILY IL. THEY AND MYSELF KNOW ALL ABOUT MECHANCIES ETC.. OIL-CHANGES BELTS HOSES ETC.. FOR LEAKS ON HOSES ETC. YOU CAN SPARY STARTING FLUID WHEN THE MOTORS ARE RUNNIG AND HEAR THE INCREAS OF THE MOTOR PICKUP IF THERES SMALL LEAKS ETC. LOT TRICKS OF THE TRADE TO FIXING MOTORS BELTS HOSES ETC. YOULL GET IT ALL FIXED UP IN RUNNIG SMOOTH IN TIME .. UNCLE RAYMOND

    ReplyDelete