Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 17- By Vicki

The air on the boat is still not fixed.  Although we have a portable air unit, it’s usually cooler outside in the shade than in the boat.  I was reviewing the comments on the blog tonight and Uncle Raymond suggested I block off the air vents because it was losing a lot of cool air through there.  The only thing I had was duct tape, so I did some custom Vicki repairs, but the temperature actually went down three degrees in the last half hour.  I have faith, Aaron, not so much.
 
Other than the air, there haven't been any major issues.  Of course the boat is not moving yet, so we could have more bad luck on our return trip, but for now all is well. 

Aaron is not impressed with my sticky insulation, but at this point, I
will try anything.                                                                                 

I took the trolley to the Dali museum today.  I wore my Dali Shoes custom made by Skyline Soles.  This is a great museum, even if you just get a coffee and sit in their garden.  There is no charge to visit the gift shop, garden, and anyone can eat in their café.    I will need to go back there before we leave St Pete.  It's an amazing place. 

This Melting Clock Bench is at the Dali Museum. 
                          My Dali Shoes From Skyline Soles.                                                 

The Hallucinogenic Toreador  is an oil painting.  Salvador Dali painted it in 1970.
The painting is 157 in × 118 in.  and located  at The Dali Museum in St Pete, FL.



 
 

4 comments:

  1. If you can't use duct tape to temporarily repair the cover crack maybe you can make a "homemade air conditioner" Goggle the instructions. Cooler, small fan, ice. water and PVC pipe. It isn't pretty but it'll work in a pinch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it to the Salvador Dali Museum. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Also what a nice surprise to come back and find fresh sheets...thank to your hubby. That was very sweet of him. Hope you both have a nice Memorial Weekend. You might ask if there are many festivals in the area for the holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIVEING UNDER THE BRIDGE I HAVE STREET SMARTS DUCT TAPE WORKS GREAT .. I USE THOSE BLUE TARPS AND MAGNETS UNDER THE BRIDGE YOU NO THE BRIDGE IS MADE OF CONCRETE AND STEEL BEAMS SO I JUST PULL THE TARPS AND SLAP A MAGNET ON THERE TO HOLD THEM UP SOMETIMES YA. JUST HAVE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND WHEN YOUR OUT OF MATCHES .. WELL GOT USE GO TO RULE 101 AND RUB THEM STICKS TO GET THE FIRE GOING .. ANYHOWS I SEE YOU BEEN BUMMING AROUND MUSEUMS MY BRIDGE IS LIKE A MUSEUM WHEN PEOPLE COME VIST THEY LOOK AROUND AND FIND ALL KINDS OF COOL STUFF I DID UNDER HERE ..NEXT TIME YOU EVER COME TO IL. YOU CAN COME STAY UNDER THE BRIDGE WITH US ... ONETIME THE WILLIE NELSON AND KID ROCK STOPPED OVER WE HAD I BONFIRE AND FEW DRINKS .. THEY PARKED THERE TOUR BUS DOWN THE STREET BY THE GAS STATION AND WALKED HERE .. CRAZY BECAUSE THEN I WOKE UP BUT IT WAS COOL DREAM AT THE TIME LOL.. SO WHATS YOU HOLIDAY PLAN BUGGERS AND BEER OR PIZZA ... WERE GOING TO BE DOING THE BEER CAN CHICKENS UNDER THE BRIDGE .. OZZY TUNES AND HORSE SHOES .. HAPPY BOATING DAYS UNCLE RAYMOND

    ReplyDelete
  4. DID YOU NO MY WIFE HAS HELD ME HOSTAGE NOW FOR 30 YEARS 1986 2015 .. AND DID YOU NO I BEEN ON WIFES SUPPORT A FEW TIMES OVER THERE YEARS .. AND YOU NO I'M THE BEST UNCLE THERE IS IN THIS FAMILY .. AND I NO YOU GOT THOSE SHOES IN NEW LENOX LOL..

    ReplyDelete