Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 10 - By Vicki


The nights here are really rocky.  It’s the craziest thing.  This boat just rocks back and forth and back and forth.  I can’t help but feel a little seasick.  I think I’m going to pick up some Dramamine tomorrow so I can sleep better.  And to think I was worried that Aaron’s snoring was going to keep me awake.  Ha!  I did a little research on this marina, and the rocking is a known issue here.  This reviewer described it better than I could, “The marina and harbor can be miserable in an easterly wind. Waves come in the entrance, then bounce off the western sea wall. The result can best be described as a washing machine!“   This boat is named “The Office”, but it’s difficult to do anything  here  at all.   I hate easterly winds!!

Krammy the cat is seasick to.  Just as I finished this blog entry, she upchucked all over the carpet.  She's been a real trooper through all this though. Poor cat.

This pretty much sums up my night.
On the bright side, during the day the winds usually die down and the boat is fairly calm.  I spent most of my day at the hotel’s pool.   We had a nice dinner at the St. Pete Yacht Club.  It's best at this time for me to spend as little time as possible on this boat.

2 comments:

  1. Just watching thoses items rock makes me crazy. Glad to hear things are going better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my horse and me are living along side the Kankakee river .. I don't think I could ever get him to go out by the ocean .. His name is Elvis I'm all shook-up

    ReplyDelete