Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day 20 - By Vicki

Last night winds were east  at 20 knots.  These east winds really get the boat rocking, and I have been having reoccurring variational dreams  the boat, with us in it, is swallowed up by the ocean.  When the boat is rocking, and I mean really rocking, I actually get up several times per night to make sure we are not sinking.   Aaron and the cat slept next to the portable air unit.  The cat got seasick again.  I cleaned up projectile vomit again.   

Aaron decided to unhook the portable air unit today and exchange it for a bigger, badder one.  This process took several hours and me, Suzanne, and Tina were responsible for making sure the cat didn’t die of heat stroke.  The boat gets extremely hot inside, extremely fast- just like a car does.  This boat it very difficult to ventilate, and impossible without a fan.  Aaron didn’t put the fan together that he bought last night because he discovered the base was so large it would take up 25 percent of the living room space.  Plus, he was just exhausted and over it. 
Eventually I carried the very fat cat up the ladder to the flybridge so we could both get some  shade and some air.  Tina and Suzanne looked at me like I had lost my mind, and maybe I have.  It’s been a very long twenty days.  The cat was ticked off at me for a while, but eventually chilled out and even started to enjoy herself.  Getting the cat down from the fly bridge was a completely different story, and I had to have Aaron help me get her down.  She didn’t like the trip down much. 
Kramit The Cat Chillin On The Flybridge
At 5pm nobody had eaten a thing, so we all walked downtown to get some Mexican Food.  Aaron and I are both very grateful for all the help we have gotten today and over the past three
 weeks.  We paid for everyone’s dinner, and wished we could do more. 
We now have a bigger, badder portable air unit and a good fan.  It’s actually the fan that Lisa was eying last night, but Aaron had his mind set on buying the biggest, baddest  fan so she didn’t say a word.  I guess we will know tomorrow if our new system will cool things off. 
Terry and Suzane With The Evil Boat


Super Classy Air Conditioning Vent. 

6 comments:

  1. ITS TIME FOR A BOAT INTERVENTION .. 30 FOOT 30 DAYS $30,000 DOLLARS .. SO YOU READY TO MOVE BACK TO CHICAGO ? .. PEOPLE MOVE TO FLORIDA BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE SUN AND HOT WEATHER I THOUGHT HMM.. I LOVE MY 4 SEASON HERE UNDER MY BRIDGE .. YOUR GOING TO END UP WITH GRAY HAIR IF YOU STAY ON THAT BOAT ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Kramit found the best sit on the boat...the Fly-bridge. I keep thinking...things have to get better at some point. Don't they???? At least you and Aaron have found a little time to get some relaxation with friends...and some sight seeing. I told Dad..I mean DOD...the funny thing is I thought how will I made it thur 30 days...not talking to Vicki:) Love YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I placed an ad this morning in the St. Petersburg Times. It reads: "WANTED......LIVE-ABOARD MECHANIC ON VINTAGE 30-FOOT LUXURY MOTOR YACHT. MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS & DRAMAMINE, AND GET ALONG WELL WITH ANIMALS. DAILY RUM ALLOTMENT AND $20 PER DAY FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT ALLOTMENT INCLUDED. CAN SLEEP ON FLY BRIDGE, BUT BRING STURDY BUNGEE CORD TO STRAP-IN BEFORE RETIRING DUE TO SOME MINOR ROLLING OF BOAT. CALL CAPTAIN AARON AT 555-1234."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try rigging up some tarps over the boat, if you can shade some of the big flat spots, it will cool down the boat substantially

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tarps are a really great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete