Friday, May 15, 2015

Day 11- By Vicki


I needed to give myself a break from all these boat issues today. The boat wasn’t on fire, it wasn’t sinking, and we were where we were supposed to be, so it’s Vicki Time.   Aaron did have some trouble with the boat today, and you can read about that on Aaron's Day 11 post, but for the most part, it was an uneventful day.  My hopes is that the rest of my 30 day blog will be filled with boring sunsets, pictures around town, and other things that are special to me but nobody else really cares about. 
We took the 50 cent trolley to the Chamber of Commerce today to find out what is going on this month.  The ladies there were super cool and gave us a lot of great information.  I don’t think we will be bored in downtown St Pete.  There is a farmers market tomorrow morning that I am really looking forward to going to.  There is also a free play in the park, West Side Story, that might be fun to see.  I love that kind of artsy stuff.  We went in a few shops where local artists display their work for sale; I bought a blingy necklace.     

My new Necklace

Later, We walked back to the boat, and on the way stopped at the local movie theater.  Since it’s been raining so much, and when it rains this boat rocks like mad, we thought it might be nice to catch a movie.   Although the shows here are $12 per ticket, we found that if you go between 4pm and 5:30 pm, the shows are only $5.75.  Now normally I am not a big fan of movies, but after being on the boat for eleven days, I think a movie will be a nice, stationary treat. 
Of course no day on this trip can be perfect, and we got caught in a rainstorm, but honestly things like that don’t even bother me much anymore.  We dried off, the rain finally stopped, and then we went to the St Pete Yacht Club for a dinner and drinks.  We also made some new friends today- Mike and Diana, our new boat slip neighbors, and Sara from the Yacht Club who grew up on a sailboat.  We are finding boaters very interesting and friendly people!
View From The St Pete Yacht Club

Much Needed Chocolate Martini I Had Tonight

By the way, it's another very rocky night.  It's not bothering me quite as much as it did last night.  I'm almost feeling more seasick and off balance on land.   Sometimes I feel like the wind is going to blow this boat right over.  Does that happen? Plus it's quite difficult to use the computer.   I look at the screen as little as possible since it also rocks back and forth.  Please forgive my writing errors.  I can't bear to go back and proofread.  I'm going to bed now. Can you believe I forgot the Dramamine? 

The Boat Is A Rocking!
 
 
 
Krammy The Cat On The Rocking Boat,
Still A Little Confused, But
She's Feeling A Lot Better Today.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that boat sure does rock doesn't it? Kramit looks like she is enjoying herself just sitting looking out the window. Also glad to hear Kramit is feeling a little better today. The Farmers Market sounds fun. Hope you have a good day hopefully with no rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIVE UNDER THE BRIDGE HERE IN IL. MY LIFE STYLE IS ALL OF ITS OWN GOT PERPAID DOLLAR STORE PHONE ..I'M ON FACE BOOK AND LIFES GOOD UNDER THE BRIDGE LOT FUN TIMES BONFIRES AND EVEN GOT SOME TOURCHES AND SOLAR YARD LIGHTS .. TIRE SWING AND HORSE SHOES .. MY ADVENTURE LIFE STYLE IS ALL ITS OWN KIND LIKE YOUR STORY OF THE BOAT CALLED THE OFFICE .. YOUR BOAT ROCKS !!! .. I LIKE THAT PURDY NECKLESS WELL KEEP PUSHING FORWARD ENJOY THE TIME HOPE YOU DAYS GET BRIGHTER AND BETTER AS YOU GO .. RAYMOND : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raymond, you're so funny!!! Thanks, and today was a MUCH better day. So far!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WETHER HERE IS RAIN WET WILD ON AND OFF CRAZY .. TODAY I TOOK MY SHOPPING CART OUT FROM UNDER THE BRIDGE .. YOU KNOW THE ONE THEY CALL THE EGG BREAKER .. I ALWAYS END UP WITH A BAD 3RD WHEEL CART .. WELL GOOD THING I WASENT GOING SHOPPING FOR EGGS TODAY .. BUT I DID END UP WITH LOT CANS I GOT LIKE 5 BIG GREEN TRASH BAGS FULL .. I NEED THE MONEY $$$ FOR SOME SMOKES AND YOU KNOW MY GEAR ETC.. MY BRIDGE IS LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY .. I LOVE IT UP UNDER HERE !!! MADE NUFF MONEY TO COOKOUT ON THE SHOPPING CART GRILL .. MADE SOME KABOBS THERE YUMMY .. SHOULD LAST ME 2 DAYS AND EVEN MAKEING ME SOME FRESH DANDELION WINE .. HEY !!! WHAT CAN I SAY I GOT SKILLS .. THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIE THE TIDE IS TO RIDE THE STORM OUT .. REO - SPEED WAGON .. UNCLE CRAZY RAYMOND IS A LIVE !!

    ReplyDelete