Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 12- By Aaron

Well the red warning light for the bilge pump will not go off.  There is not water on the boat, so that’s ok, but I defiantly don’t want the warning light to stay on that tells me something is probably wrong.  The manual bilge problem doesn’t seem to be working.  So I left a message for the mechanic, hopefully he calls me back soon so I can get him to take a look at it. 

One thing that I haven’t mentioned yet that I remember, I still need to get a sensor fixed on one of the engines fixed on one of the engines as well.  That’s when the noisy alarms went off back when we overheated and another time when the oil pressure was zero because a wire was unplugged.  Anyway I still need to get that fixed, and then there is an oil exhaust gasket on top of the engine for the fumes that still needs repaired as well.  It’s too loose.  My goal is to get these smaller repairs done before I go out again. 

I guess one other thing is I still need to get a tube of caulk and recaulk some of the windows on the outside of the boat because every once in a while I get a small drip of water coming from the bedroom, of course it’s right where my head would be when I’m sleeping in the bed.  I did have other leaks on the boat that I’ve already fixed.  Luckily so far this afternoon, let me say not this morning, this afternoon the rock hasn’t been rocking too much.  I hope that it stays that way for at least one night. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I have to give you and your wife a lot of credit for reaching your destination with all the issues you have both faced with your boat. Some would have turned back. Proud of both of you for pushing on. Hopefully things will turn and you will get some time to kick back and not worry about things. Sounds like the Farmers Market was fun. Hopefully the rain will stop...and also the rocking of the boat will ezz up:) Hope you both have a good night..

    ReplyDelete