Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 14- By Aaron

AM UPDATE
I was able to sleep last night.  It was cool enough that I actually slept.  I got up this morning.  The little portable air-conditioner that we got seems to be working good for the evening, but to my surprise it doesn’t work very well in the Florida days.  It got up to 86 degrees today in the boat with the AC on full blast.  I didn’t buy the cheapest one, so I thought for sure it was going to freeze us out of this small boat.

I went over to the Vinoy lobby, did some work today, made my phone calls to the mechanics.  Funny thing is I called seven different mechanics yesterday, and left messages that I needed help and it was important.  Only two called me back.  One was the mechanic that already looked at the boat and fixed the bilge pump.  So now, I have two different mechanics coming tomorrow.  One in the morning to check about the red light for the bilge pump being on, and one in the afternoon to look at the air conditioning and see why it’s not working right.   Supposedly the one that’s coming in the afternoon specializes in boat air conditioning repairs. 

Now it’s the end of the day, and I’m getting ready to go for a walk with the wife.  I know that I’ve been a little upset lately with all these problems, so what does my wife do?  She pays for and schedules me a massage for tomorrow to try and help me relax.  How wonderful is she?  Now I’m going to go take her out to dinner.   

PM UPDATE
We ended eating at the boat since the boat was so calm.  We tried a thing that she told me to buy at the store, Captain Morgan pulled pork that could be cooked in the microwave.  It was pretty good.  I had a Captain Morgan drink with the Captain Morgan sandwich.  I did insist that we end up going for a walk around town.  Because one of the things about this trip was my wife told me she wanted to go for a walk every single day, so I will not let a day pass without us taking a walk, no matter what. 

I better get to bed, as I have somebody saying they will be here early In the morning to look at the boat.  Luckily the boat is cool enough that I feel I can get some sleep even though it is still 77 degrees.  What a piece of junk this little air conditioning unit is.  I still say for the cost it should freeze us out. 

Oh, I forgot to say, during our walk tonight, I kept thinking to myself that maybe a milk crate would be good for this little air conditioning unit in case it needs to breathe through the bottom.  We went through this construction area and low and behold there was a milk crate, not in the work area but in the street, with no bum sitting on it.  So I carried it back to the boat, with Vicki's help I lifted the unit as she moved out the foot stool, which really is just a hollow storage compartment so I don't know how long it could have taken that weight anyways.  She slid that stool out, replaced it with the milk crate, and I set it back down.  I though it would be a good match and fit our needs.  Knock on wood, seems like it will work perfectly.  Now I'm off to bed, lets see what tomorrow holds.  Stay Tuned.

8 comments:

  1. She's truly a winner, Aaron. I've always believed that you should "Treat a lady right, or some other guy will." You two are great...... Best of luck !
    - Wrong-Way Willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope after dinner you both can sit back and relax a little. That was very sweet of Vicki to schedule a massage for you. I am sure you need it with every thing you have been thur. Hopefully Vicki will get to enjoy her yoga class tomorrow and maybe get to sit by the pool and read a magazine:) Have a nice night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY !! I SENT FEW PEOPLE DOWN THERE WONDERING IF THEY FOUND YOUS YET .. ?? IOLD THEM ABOUTYOU ADVENTURE AND SHARED YOUR STORY .. LET ME KNOW IF THE 5 OF THEM FOUND YOU GUYS ...UNCLE RAYMOND I SENT HELP !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Raymond, so you sent a great mechanic, a chef, a bartender with boozes of coarse, a guy to give massages, an the 5th a guy from Publishing House to give them the winning check for $100,000 ?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be looking for those five guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THERE PEOPLE LOL.. ONLY 2 GUYS AND 3 GIRLS .. THERE FROM TV REALITY SHOW CALLED .. PIMP MY BOAT I TOLD THEM THAT YOUR BOAT NEED A MAKE OVER AND THEY SAID ONEDAY WHEN YOU LEAVE THE BOAT THERE GOING TO SNEEK IN OVER THERE AND PIMP YOUR BOAT ... I TOLD THEM YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO BE PAINTED ALL FLAT GUN METAL BLACK AND THEN TOP IT OFF ON OUTSIDE WITH ARMY-CAMO .. THEN ON FRONT HUAL RAIL PUT THOSE RED WHIT BLUE ROPE LIGHTS ON IT AND A 50 CAL. MACHINE GUN MOUNT THAT TO THE FRONT HUAL ASWELL .. TOSS UP A FLAG POLE BEEF UP THE TWIN MOTORS .. WITH TURBO ETC.. AND PLACE NEW STICKER ON THE BACK CALL THAT BOAT A TROOPER .. THEN ON THE INSIDE WELL I'M THINKING SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES LIKE BEANBAG CHAIRS AND BLACK LIGHTS AND PEACE SINGS IN THERE .. WHAT THINKG ABOUT THAT STYLE .. UNCLE RAYMOND ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raymond, I'm all good with that as long as they make it run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OTHER OPTIONS YOU CAN DO YOU CAN TURN IT INTO A BAITSHOP ON THE PAIR .. OR A ICECREAM SHOP ON THE BAY .. MAYBE RENT IT OUT .. OR TURN IT INTO A HUANTED HOUSE BOAT TOUR TYPE THING FOR KIDS ..

    ReplyDelete