Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 13- By Aaron

Ok!  The fun and exciting stuff began this morning when I woke up.  I noticed that the air conditioning was not working.  Wonderful!  So, I try to find a mechanic, called six different mechanics, but it’s Sunday so I couldn’t find one. 

There was a wonderful guy who also keeps his boat at the marina that tried to help out because the dockmaster asked him to.  He took out some filters and strainers.  We washed them out, cleaned things up, but that didn't seem to help at all.  He recommended that I do an acid wash.   He told me he would do anything for the dockmaster, Wes, and I will say that Wes has helped me out as much as he possibly could.  He's the one who got someone over here so my boat would stop sinking.   Wes gave me some numbers of people who can do the acid wash.

In the meantime, luckily, my buddy Clay who lives about an hour away came to my boat to pick me up and take me to home depot where I purchased a portable air conditioner.  It’s not a window unit, but stands up and you have to stick a hose out the window.  With Clay’s help I was able to get that installed and slowly it is cooling off in here.  At  11am it was already up to 92 degrees,  it’s now 8:30 pm and it’s still 80 degrees in here.  I think probably by midnight it might cool off enough for me to sleep. 


Portable Air Unit Will Have To Do For The Moment.
 Hope The Rocking Boat Doesn't Tip it over             
I’ve never experienced so many bad things going on at the same time.  One would think you would have some misfortune but not so many bad things day after day.  You know if that wasn’t the worst, I discovered today that the boat also now has termites.  I have a lot of work to do for my own job tomorrow plus I have to deal with this boat.  Time will tell what happens. 

At least this evening I got to go swimming in a nice pool with some nice friends and my beautiful wife and also had a very good burrito from Burrito Boarder for dinner. 
Great Friends Helped Me Out With The Boat Today-
Clay, Tina, Vicki, and Me
 

7 comments:

  1. THE BOAT DONT LIKE ITS NAME .. ITS TIME TO RENAME THAT BOAT RAYMOND .. ONCE YOU DO THAT THAT BOAT WILL CHANGE ITS AUTTIUDE .. WELL MAYBE SOME WHAT ANYHOWS LOOKS LIKE YOUR ALL MAKEING THE BEST OF IT GOODTIMES BAD TIMES AND DOWN TIMES .. HOPEFULY SOONER OR LATER DOWN THE OCEAN THING WILL SMOOTH OUT TAKES TIME TO GET THINGS THE WAY YOU WANT THEM AND WORKING RIGHT .. IF YOU EVER GET OUT AT NIGHT BOATING JUST LOOK FOR THE LIGHT HOUSE .. I CAN SEE THE LIGHT KEEP ON KEEPING UP .. NICE PICTURE OF YOU ALL .. UNCLE RAYMOND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up............at least it still floats !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to rename the boat Satan's Child, Raymond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Love it. Have you ran that name pass Captain Aaron. I could see it now Captain Aaron and Captain Morgan after a bad day with a rattle can changing the boat name laughing their butts off:)

      Delete
  5. I think Raymond may be onto something here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LIKE IT !!! YOU CANT GO WORNG WITH A NAME LIKE THAT ITS THE NEXT BEST NAME OUT THERE BESIDES OZZY !!!!

    ReplyDelete