Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 16- By Vicki

Today was another great day.  I though every day would be like this on our trip.  The boat was calm; I got to go do what I wanted to today, and no real issues.  The only thing that bothered me was the heat.  It was so hot in this boat, 86 degrees today.  The portable air conditioner is better than nothing, but not the best.

Since there were no mechanics scheduled for today, a rare occurrence, Aaron and I cleaned up and organized the boat this morning.  In such a small space the clutter is a problem.  I'm tripping over things and I can't stand to look at the mess.  Now that things are put away the cabin feels much bigger and I'm much more comfortable. 

I took the 50 cent trolley to the  Florida Holocaust Museum.  I have North American Reciprocal Museum(NARM) membership so I can go to museums all over the country for free.  I would defiantly recommend this museum.  There is a lot of information about what happed before, during, and after the Holocaust that you can't easily learn from movies or the internet.  The museum focuses on the best and worst of human behavior, and how just one person can change, even save or take, so many lives. 
Boxcar #113 0695-5 was used by the Nazis to transport Jews to killing centers.  There are
 only three of these boxcars in the United States and it's the only one in the world that is in
it's original condition, it hasn't been refurbished.  This boxcar is on display at the              
Florida Holocaust Museum in St Pete.                                                                                          
 
We have been finding all the great deals around town for food and drinks.  Tonight we went to this very fancy restaurant, Cassis,  that was having their five year anniversary party.  All their drinks, appetizers and salads were only five dollars each.  Usually these items are between $10 and $18. 

Krammy the Cat finally discovered the portable air conditioner today.  She was afraid of it for the first couple of days, but now she is worshipping it.  She seems to be pretty happy being on the boat.
Krammy The Cat Worships The Portable Air Conditioner
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great day......a little "me" time at the museum, and some "us" time at the restaurant with your hubby; a balanced day with no problems.......good for you ! Glad to hear Krammit has found the A/C god......really a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WANT IT TO GET COLDER WITH THAT A/C IN THERE PLACE A FAN BY IT TO MOVE THE AIR AROUND I SEE THERES SOME VENTS IN THAT HOUSE BOAT ON THE WALL COVER AND TAPE THEM OFF BET YOUR LOOSEING LOTS COOL AIR IN THERE THREW THOSE WALL VENTS .. BLOCK OFF ANY WALL VENTS AND THINGS WHERE AIR CAN ESCAPE ..

    ReplyDelete