Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 18- By Aaron

The night wasn’t that bad, but at 7am the boat was already over 80 degrees.  By 9am, it was 85 degrees in the boat already.  Just when I was starting to get a little bit upset and I told my wife the air will be fixed or I will buy a portable unit 3x the size of the one that I have.  I got off the boat and there is the mechanic I’ve been waiting for.  After about 30 minutes and watching him grunt and groan and seem to get a little bit upset, just as I thought he was going to say I’ve done everything I could, and I thought I was going to have to flip out on him.  He fixed the boat, and the air now works.  So instead of turning off the portable air unit I got from Home Depot, I truly want the boat with two running ac units to freeze us out. 

So today, is truly a good day.  Did some work, took the trolley to the post office, went to the Yacht Club for dinner.  I  was going to make chicken at the dock, but found out that the grill that the marina has that is brand new is out of gas.  The Dockmaster was glad I told him and will bring a new one tomorrow morning which is great for the holiday weekend.  Now I think I’m just going to sit back with my wonderful wife, watch a movie, have a drink, and go to sleep before Midnight because the weather tells me that we are going to get strong winds from the east, so at that point, the boat should start dancing and rocking.

2 comments:

  1. Great news that the air is fixed. Even Vicki said it was hot on the boat. Now that a new one....Vicki is never hot. Hopefully things will be better in the morning and you both can enjoy the holiday weekend. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete