Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 22- By Aaron

We started the day by Vicki following me in her car to the Tampa airport to return the rental car.  Needless to say, somehow we both got to the airport, just in different locations.  After I returned the rental car, I GPS'd Vicki's coordinates and found her. 

At this point we went back to the Vinoy.    Once we got there, I had to find somebody to give me a jumpstart for the boat.  I was able to find a guy who had a handheld portable charger unit.  He said he used it to charge cell phones and things like that on his boat.  It was a one try thing and his battery would be drained.  I turned the key and it almost started, but it didn't. 

At this point I made a phone call to Mike Russel, the buy that fixed our bilge and tightened the shaft seals when the boat was sinking.  He showed up in twenty minutes with a fully charged battery and some jumper cables.   Twenty dollars later the boat was running.  At that point, I untied everything, gave Vicki a kiss, and started heading towards Clearwater Beach by myself.


I made it all the way to Clearwater Beach with not one issue.  So does the boat not like Vicki?  This we will find out tomorrow because she's going to ride back with me the last leg of the trip tomorrow.

My day is not complete without a visit from a boat mechanic.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron I am glad to see you still have a sense of humor with all you both have been threw:) Have a nice safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete