Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 7 - By Vicki

I decided I better update this blog in case this boat blows up before I get to a computer again.  I’m exhausted; feeling a little defeated.  Can’t  seem to run this boat more than thirty minutes without alarms going off.    Whoever said a bad day on the water is better than a good day on land had a new boat.  My advice to anyone new to boating is to take your mechanic with you on a three hour tour before you try anything like this. 
This Is What Our Living Room Has Looked Like For Most Of The Past Week

Boat broke down three times so far today.  It was one thing after another.  Keep taking it back to the marina to get it looked at.  The third time we brought it back, the guy there couldn’t figure out what else to do for us, suggested that if the alarm goes off we unplug the sensor  and get on our way, so that’s exactly what we did.   Gages look good.  Doesn’t appear to be overheating and oil pressure looks ok.  
Captian Kramit Studying Rules of Navigation
I was paranoid the entire way to Clearwater though because I could smell some wicked fumes.  I thought it was gas fumes, but Aaron thinks it’s oil.  The Carbon Monoxide sensors don’t go off as long as we keep the cabin door closed.  They dock master didn’t smell anything though, so maybe I’m losing my mind.  Phantom smells. 
We were almost to Clearwater, and the fumes hadn’t killed me, the boat didn’t blow up, and Aaron informed me that we were about to approach a bridge and he wasn’t sure if his boat would clear it.  REALLY!!!!  Those of you that know us can probably play out that drama scene in your head.  We cleared it.  We lived. 

While in Clearwater Beach, I was able to take a nice, clean shower at the Clearwater Beach marina.   Finally!  We  also wandered around the beach area and got a nice dinner.  It was good to relax.  When low tide hit around 1am, the boat started moving around a bunch and that was a little nerve-racking, but for the most part Clearwater has been good to us.   It would have been nice to spend more time there, but we are already a week late on getting to our destination in St Pete.
We Made It To Clearwater Beach, Florida
  

2 comments:

  1. LOOKS LIKE NICE BOAT TO ME 1980S SEA RAY 30 FOOT . IT HAS A NICE STLYE AND LOOK TO IT .. BET WHEN THAT BOAT FIRST CAME OUT IT WAS DECENT AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THAT .. SO ITS 35 YEARS OLD I BET MOST ANYTHING THAT OLD NEEDS TLC .. I LIKE IT UNCLE RAYMOND

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with the boat. The boat has the same with me.

    ReplyDelete