Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 13- By Vicki

AM Update

Before we left on our voyage, the mechanic in Hernando Beach, Bill, who had worked on our boat for the last year shook my hand and said, “This is a very safe boat.  You don’t have anything to worry about.”   Needleless to say he is never touching this boat again, so if you read about a mechanic on Hernando Beach that was brought on a sea trial and handed an anchor...  it wasn't me. 

Well, every day so far Aaron said “At least the air conditioning is still working”.  The mechanic, Bill, had fixed our air.   Guess what.  The air is now broken.  Woke up this morning and it was hot.  Aaron found that the breaker had tripped.  He reset it, but it tripped again within a few seconds.  Time to try and find someone to fix it.  On the bright side, out friend, Don, made us some excellent curtains and they do a great job at keeping the sun out so it’s stayed a little cooler.  I  opened up the forward hatch and the back slider door to get some air flowing through.  All we have is a tiny fan to keep us cool.   I’m more worried about the cat than anything else.  I’m not sure what I can do to keep her cool until someone gets here to fix it.  I will probably take a cab to Walmart and buy the biggest fan I can find.   
As it's only 10:40 am, I will be updating this post later tonight so you can see what other fun times we faced today. 

PM Update

Thankfully we found a solution to our air conditioning problems.  We were able to purchase a portable air conditioner and set that up in the boat.  It was a lot more work than we expected, but luckily our friend Clay was there to help.  By noon the temperature was up to 92 degrees.  Now, thanks to the portable air unit and the rain it's a comfortable 78 degrees. 

I did what I could to try to keep the cat cool, but she was just really mad at me.  Even after the air unit was blowing, I tried to show her she could sit in front of it and cool off.  You know cats are stubborn.  I did what I could.

While we were waiting for the cabin to cool off, we all went swimming at the Vinoy.  They have a really beautiful pool and since we are staying at their marina we have access to it.  Later we walked downtown to get some dinner.  We did a lot of sightseeing and did our best to forget our troubles for the moment.

Probably the only reason we haven't given up is because there hasn't been a day yet where we were both ready to call it quits.  When one of us is down, the other is encouraging.  We should probably just give up, but we've been through so much already.  Having a sense of humor helps and luckily we packed enough rum. 

Cool Tree On Our Walk Today


Krammy The Cat Had A Rough Day and
She's Sleeping It Off


It's rained every night since we arrived in St Pete!



 

4 comments:

  1. WHEN I GET HOT UNDER MY BRIDGE I DO THE ICE BUCKET CHALLANGE AND DUMP A BUCKET OF ICE WATER OVER MY HEAD .. IT COOLS ME DOWN FOR FEW GOOD HOURS .. I EVEN HAVE WATER BALLONS IN THE COOLER AND GET THOSE PUPPYS ICEY COLD .. THERE MY BACKUPS ON HOT DAYS .. WATERMELLONS ARE GOOD TO KEEP YOU SWEET AND COOL .. THERE YUMMY GOOD .. WHEN THE CAT GET HOT WELL PUT IT IN THE COOLER FOR 5 MIN .. WELL MAYBE LOL.. KEEP ON KEEPING ON YOULL SURVIE IT ALL .. YOU GOT FIGHTER BLOOD ..... UNCLE RAYMOND

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY LIFE UNDER THE BRIDGE IN IL. IT HAS ITS UPS AND DOWN ONE GOOD THING THOUGH IS WHEN I'M UP UNDER HERE IN BETWEEN THE BEAMS BOXED IN WITH MY SKIDS ACROSS THE BEAMS MY SLEEPING ARANGMENTS MY AIR - CON .. I GET FREE JUICE FOR ALL MY APPLIANCES YOU NEED FOR HEATER IN WINTER ETC. TV RAIDO ALL THAT STUFF I'M TAPPED IN TO THE CITY STREET LIGHT POLE ABOVE THE BRIDGE I JUST HOPE THE CITY AND HWY CODE ENFORCEMENT DONT FIND OUT AND UNHOOK ME .. ALL THOSE DOLLARS YOU GOT IF I HAD THEM FOR MY REPAIRS ETC.. I COULD LIVE LIKE KING RAYMOND FOR LIKE A FEW YEARS UNDER THIS BRIDGE NO MORE ROAD KILL FOOD AND ALL THAT I COULD BUY THE BEST STEAKS IN TOWN .. LOL CHIN U KEEP SMILEING ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raymond, you are making living on a bridge sound so much better than living on a boat. Maybe I'll come join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAA !! THERE BRIDGES ALL OVER THE WORLD WENT I GO ON VACTION.. I JUST HEAD ON OVER TO THE NEXT STATE FIND ME A BRIDGE AND BAM !! JUST LIKE THAT HOME SWEET HOME ... LOL.. I BEEN TO MANY OF THEM YOU KNOW FROM CALF. GOLDEN GATE TO TJ MEX .. EVEN LANDED IN FL. AND VIRGINA AND WELL ABOUT 15 OTHER STATES ACROSS THE MAP ITS TRUE .. I DONE SOME TRAVLEING AROUND .. I KNOW YOU LIKE MY LITTLE STORYS .. I'M NOT EVENING LIEING WELL MAYBE ABOUT THE BRIDGE PART BUT IT MAKES FOR GOOD INTERESTING TALK .. I HAVE HUNG OUT AND REALLY HAVE JUMPED OFF A FEW BRIDGES THOUGH ..LOL HECK I'M COME JOIN YOUS AND SET-UP SHOP .. WHEN YOU GET BACK HOME I'M MIGHT HAVE MY TENT SET-UP IN YOUR BACK YARD AND SWING ON THOSE HAMOCKS WITH A DRINK IN MY HAND IN YOUR FRONT YARD . WELL ITS BACK TO BRIDGE CLEANING FOR ME GO GET SOME CLEANING DONE .. USEING MY EGG BREAKER SHOPPING CART TO WASH AND DRIP DRY MY DISHES .. TAKE CARE ILL BE WATCHING THE REST OF YOUR ADVENTURES .. UNCLE CRAZY RAYMOND ..LOL

    ReplyDelete