Friday, May 15, 2015

Day 11 - By Aaron

Ok, so I woke up in the middle of the night and usually with the bildge pump set on auto there is a green light that stays on and it automatically works, when you turn it to manual, then a bright red light comes on to let you know that it’s manually working.  When I woke up in the middle of the night, of course I’ve been on edge with all the issues lately, I decided to walk up and take a look and things and the red light is on and the green light which I’ve never seen before.  I looked into the engines and the different compartments and we are not taking on water but still something is wrong.  So, as soon as I woke up the next morning I lifted up the compartments again to look, didn’t see any extra water, but I still immediately called the mechanic.  He told me to take my boat hook and reach down in the compartment and lift the float valve.  I did that, and it seemed like it was draining water.  Then all the sudden the red light disappeared and manual wasn’t working, but after I did that all the sudden it was working.  Which truly to me, even though I’m not a mechanic, it just doesn’t make sense, so I believe there’s got to be some kind of wiring issue. 

Red Light That's Not Normal
We had fun today, doing our thing, hanging out at different places and wandering in the town.  And then I still did a little work on the boat, for my job, and got yelled at because my wife just wanted to get off the rocking boat.  She’s having a hard time sitting on the roller coaster. 
So when we got back to the boat tonight, just after midnight, I looked and the red light for the bilge pump is back on again.  So, I guess I’m going to have to call the mechanic once more because I just don’t think the red light should be one all the time.  It actually kind of scares me a bit because of all the things that have happened.  So, I will constantly lift the engine covers and see if there is any extra water until I feel safe. 

Maybe because when you’re a little kid, you’re always rocked to calm you down and help you sleep, will it hold true when you’re an adult?  Only time will tell. 

3 comments:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE THE SUMPUMP IN THE BASEMENT OF THE HOUSE BOAT BEEN TAKEING ON LOTS WATER LIKE THAT OF A HOUSE ON LAND .. THE WATCHDOG PUMP BASEMENT SUMPUMP GOT A BUILT IN BACKUP SYSTEM KIND OF REMINES ME OF THE SAME THING SHOULD KICK ON AND OFF WHEN IT TAKES ON WATER ETC.. I ONCE FLOATED RIGHT OUT OF MY TENT ON A AIR-BED MATTRESS AT A CAMPGROUND WHEN IT RAIN SO HARD OUTSIDE ONE TIME ... LOL DONT LET ALL THOSE LIGHTS PUMPS AND WATER GET YOUR SPRITS DOWN JUST DO YOUR BEST AND GO WITH THE FLOW .. RED LIGHT YELLOW LIGHT GREEN LIGHT BLUE LIGHT GO .. BECAUSE UNCLE RAYMOND SAID SO ... : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) It's been a wild ride Uncle Raymond!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANT EVEN TELL YA .. HOW MANY TIMES I JUMPED OFF OF BRIDGES AND INTO THE WATER .. AND HOW MANYTIMES I'VE INNER TUBE DOWN THE KANAKEE RIVER .. WILD RIDES ARE THE BEST !!! YOU JUST GOT BE A CERTAIN HEIGHT TO GET ON THE RIDES .. IF I NEW HOW OR COULD POST SOME PICTURES TO THIS POST I WOULD SHOW YOU SOME OF MY JUMPS FROM BRIDGES AND INNER TUBEING PICS ..

    ReplyDelete