Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 6- By Aaron

The mechanic came, worked on the boat for a few hours, took us out for a test drive, another thousand dollars, it's the end of the day and we are finally able to leave. Off towards Tarpon Springs. 

Made it to Port Tarpon Marina, made reservations before we got there, but they didn't do what the said.  There was no electric, so we had no air.  I guess I'm screwed for the night.  We are camping. 

Luckily there is a restaurant here and I was able to get three big bags of ice.  I was able to sit outside the restaurant and watch a movie on my ipod using the restaurant's internet.  I'm drinking a bunch so I can sleep on the boat. 

After dinner, I realized that no plug in electric means the batteries will go dead so I have to wake up periodically to start the engines.  If the batteries go dead, the bilge pumps stop working and the boat could sink.

3 comments:

  1. YOU CAN BUY SOLAR PANEL CHARGER THERE AROUND 30 BUCKS FOR BATTERYS .. EASY TO USE AND HOOKUP .. AUTO STORE HAS THEM SUN LIGHT KEEPS THE BATTERY TRICKEL CHARGED EVEN GET A POWER INVETER FOR JUICE .. GO GREEN FOR BACKUP SYSTEM SO TO SAY . YOU GOT A GENARATOR ON THE BOAT ? UNCLE RAYMOND

    ReplyDelete
  2. No generator on the boat. I'm really interested in the solar panel idea though. I will look into that when we have a car again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAL-MART HAS THEM AND OTHERS STORES .. ALLSO SOLAR MOTION LIGHTS FOR DECK YOU CAN GET I GOT THEM AND I USE THEM EVEN IN MY HOUSE ETC.. EVEN THOSE POWER INVERTERS THERE FAIR SMALL PRICE FOR LIGHTS AND JUICE HOOKS UP TO YOU BATTERY AND IF YOU GET THOSE ROPE LIGHTS YOU CAN RUN THEM AROUND INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF YOUR BOAT PLUG THEM INTO THE POWER INVERTER ETC. THE BATTERYS WILL NEVER GO DEAD IF YOU GET THAT SOLAR CHAGER FOR THE BATTERYS .. THEN LIKE I SAY HOOKUP THE POWER INVERTER TO THE BATTERYS .. THAT WILL GIVE YOU POWER FOR LIGTS TO RUN OR FAN OR OTHER STUFF .. IT WOULD COST AROUND 100 BUCKS TO SET UP THAT SYSTEM .. ITS WORTH IT .. EASY TO DO TOO .. UNCLE RAYMOND ..

    ReplyDelete