Friday, April 17, 2015

Nobody Thinks We'll make it. We Will! (By Vicki)

Follow Our Journey at 30Days.US

I learned today that there are bets out on our upcoming adventure.  Our friends don't think we will make the full 30 days. Friends have bets out on the number of days we will last on the boat ranging from 2 to 10 days. We can do this!  I don't think 30 days is enough.  This is a trial run, and if all goes well, we will be planning longer trips.

That got me to thinking.  What is it about tiny living that scares so many people.  Have I underestimated the amount of space I really need?  In the days leading up to our trip, I've been taking note of the things I use every day.  It's not all that much. I've also observed my foot patterns inside the house-  Couch, Desk, Kitchen, Bed, Repeat.

I love the outdoors, and I think tiny living will draw me outside even more.  I am very excited that we will be docked at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg marina.  The location is amazing and we will have full access to the Vinoy's pool, fitness center, spa, and grounds.

Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Pool-  I plan to spend a lot of time here.

The Vinoy is located at north end of downtown St Petersburg, a very walkable part of  the city.  I am really exited to explore the restaurants, shops, museums, and parks in the area.

If I get tired of being on the boat, The Vinoy has plenty of  really cool sitting areas.  
I plan to spend some time by the fire at the Vinoy.


If nothing else, I will learn a lot about myself.  Am I really the adventurous free spirit I think I am?  I've never had the opportunity to do anything quite like this before.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it'll be a wonderful adventure, Vicki ! My money is on you completing the full 30 days. Go for it !!

    ReplyDelete