Monday, April 20, 2015

Getting the boat ready the way I want it. (By Aaron)

From Aaron... Well I thought I should contribute to this a bit. First I will say shhhhhh don't tell my wife how much cash I have spent on this boat. I like to make sure my wife and I are comfortable and safe. So with that said, I have had so many repairs done to this boat. I am not going to go into all the boring repairs. Lets just say there were too many to list. But, I will list a few things. I painted the bottom of the boat; refinished all teak; redid floor and walls; multiple engine and pump repairs, bathroom repairs, bilge pump repairs,etc.-  Repairs on top of repairs.  I think that's enough for now, but there is more.

I have a very good ac system now. That is a very important thing to me. Knock on the teak wood on my boat everything is running well. " At least at the moment" I had to put a 32inch TV on the boat with a blue ray player. I will say it was very hard figuring out how to get Netflix and cable to work right. I finally got it to work right through my iPhone and play on the TV. Now it will work well any place I go. Next I had to have a new mattress made for the bed. I had a memory foam one made. That made my wife very happy. Then I had a new radio and GPS put in the boat. I thought well just maybe I should get curtains made for all around the boat so not everyone could see my wife and I naked as we got dressed each day.

Now all of that it done. It only took a year or so to get it all done. Now I am starting to get all the supplies ready for the trip and any other little thing done to the boat I can think of. We all know that never ends NEVER I SAY... So stay tuned lol.

I Renamed the Boat "The Office"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your safety and comfort prep is going well. You might also want to consider a first-aid kit, bug spray, a chart and some binoculars. The voyage sounds like a real adventure!!
    Be well !
    Don

    ReplyDelete